Marriage for couples from abroad
If you wish to get married in Ringkøbing-Skjern Kommune, you must apply for a marriage license either at Ringkøbing-Skjern Kommune or at the Familieretshus.
Where to apply
You have to apply for a marriage license at Ringkøbing-Skjern Kommune if both you and your partner meet one of the following criteria:
- You are a Danish citizen
- You are a citizen in a Nordic country (i.e. Finland, Sweden, Norway or Island)
- You have a permanent residence permit, issued in Denmark
- You have an obtained a permanent residence right under the Directive 2004/38/EC implemented in Danish law as “EU-Opholdsbekendtgørelsen”
We might need other documents from you apart from the Notice of Marriage.
If you do not meet the abovementioned criteria, you have to send an application to the Familieretshuset.
If you have an appointment for the marriage at Ringkøbing-Skjern Kommune, we will receive the marriage license and necessary documents from the Familieretshuset.
Appointment for marriage
To make an appointment for the marriage ceremony at Ringkøbing-Skjern Kommune, please write to us on post[mail]rksk.dk or call us on the numbers mentioned below.
Possible dates for wedding
- Tuesdays between 14.00 p.m. and 15.30 p.m.
- Thursdays between 14.00 p.m. and 15.30 p.m.
Witnesses - identification
Two witnesses are required at the ceremony. If you do not bring your own witnesses, we will provide them.
The day before the wedding at the latest, you have to show up in Ringkøbing Borgerservice, Ved Fjorden 6, 6950 Ringkøbing and identify yourself.
On this occasion, we also need names and addresses of the two witnesses in case you have your own witnesses.
We also would like to know, how many you would be at the ceremony.